Selling Trees, Timber Harvesting, Logging Your Property
Studies show that landowners who use a professional forester in their forest management activities gain 40% more in revenue than those who do not.
VDOF foresters provide timber sales assistance including:
- methods of selling timber
- suggestions for timber sale contracts
- lists of consulting foresters who provide timber valuation and sale administration
The Virginia Department of Forestry recommends all timber sales be bound by a written contract. Never use a verbal agreement to sell your trees.
A written contract protects both the buyer and the seller by identifying the responsibilities of each party. When drawing up a contract, an attorney should be consulted.
Get Started Selling Timber
- How to sell timber | Frequently Asked Questions: Selling Timber
- Landowner Beware:
- Select Cutting or “high-grading” removes the best and leaves the rest.
- Stealing Trees or Timber. Learn how to minimize the risk of timber theft on your property.
Last modified: Tuesday, 10-Mar-2015 09:42:51 EDT