Managing Your Pine Forest
Pine Management Practices
- Introduction to Pine Management
- Managing Pine Stands for Wildlife
- Low Density Plantings of Loblolly Pine
- “Correct” planting density for loblolly pine depends on your objectives and who you ask.
- Forest Fertilization in Southern Pine Plantations (English; PDF format)
- Uneven- Vs. Even-Aged Management of Southern Pines. Even-aged management of pine plantations is relatively simple: plant seedlings on a desired spacing or allow natural regeneration, conduct one or two thinning operations to favor growth of higher quality trees, conclude the rotation with a final harvest, and repeat. However, there are other management alternatives, such as uneven-aged management, that can be used in southern pine timber production. (English; PDF format)
General Forest Management Practices
Silviculture is the branch of forestry dealing with the development and care of forests. Silvics of North America describes the silvical characteristics of about 200 conifers and hardwood trees in the conterminous United States.
Last modified: Thursday, 04-Feb-2016 12:50:35 EST