Programs and Services offered by the Virginia Department of Forestry
- Forestland Planning
- Incentive Programs - State and Federal programs offset your expenses
- Find a forestry consultant
- Tax Credits and Tax Planning Information
- Services we offer and the fees we charge
- Forest Stewardship (Management) Plan
- Woodland owners can map their property, keep a journal about it and find resources for managing it on MyLandPlan.org.
- Hardwood Management and Regeneration Assistance
- Help you sell your timber in a Timber Sale
- Sell trees from your property - all about Timber Sales
- Pine Management and Regeneration Assistance
- Planting Site Preparation
- Conserve your land with a conservation easement
Water Quality Protection
- Insects and Diseases
- Don't Move Firewood educates consumers about the dangers of moving insect-infected firewood from one area to another.
Marketing and Advertising
- Economic Information on Forestry in Virginia
- Ecosystem Services are the environmental benefits and services that forests provide, such as improving our air quality, filtering sediment and runoff from reaching our streams and lakes, insect pollination, and providing outdoor recreation opportunities.
- GIS Data. Shape files and other data available for download.
- Our Research Programs help improve the growth rate of tree species.
Urban and Community Forestry
- Trees benefit towns and cities. Learn more about Urban and Community Forestry.
- Cooperative Forestry allows private landowners and rural communities to use these programs and partnerships to help care for their forests, strengthen local economies, and maintain a high quality of life.
Last reviewed/updated: Thursday, 04-Feb-2016 12:55:56 EST