Generation NEXT Virtual Workshop
September 7 @ 3:00 pm - September 15 @ 4:00 pm$40.00
This workshop provides free legal guidance and landowner stories about successful estate planning steps and strategies they have used.
Speakers include legal and financial experts experienced in estate planning as well as natural resource professionals and landowners.
This event will be from 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. September 7, 8, 14, and 15 via Zoom – a great way to bring in family who might not live in-state!
The workshop covers the nine steps to successful legacy planning:
- Commit to beginning the legacy planning and keep moving forward.
- Determine your family assets.
- Write down long-term goals for your land.
- Hold a family meeting.
- Gather/create essential documents.
- Establish your legacy planning team.
- Explore the legal, financial, and conservation tools available to help you meet your goals.
- Provide opportunities for your family to learn about and enjoy your woodlands.
- Revisit your plan on a regular basis and adapt as your land, assets and family change.