- This event has passed.
VA Certified Prescribed Burn Managers Course
September 21 - September 24Free
Prescribed burn professionals are encouraged to complete training and certification to become a Certified Prescribed Burn Manager. The Virginia Certified Prescribed Burn Managers Course will be offered virtually on September 21-24, 2021. There will be no registration fee. However, there will be requirements prior to the 21st so PLEASE read the info below.
BEFORE REGISTERING – Read the following
Each participant in this course is asked to adhere to the wildland fire leadership values of Duty, Respect and Integrity.
Duty – Each participant has the responsibility to complete all of the learning activities on or before the due date AND attend all required sessions.
Respect – All team members are asked to respect the learning space we have created by removing distractions and listening to other students and the course facilitator.
Integrity – We are all on the honor system that we will be doing the things expected.
- You must attend a tech check. Two opportunities are Tuesday, September 14th at 1000 EST or Thursday, September 16th at 1400 EST.
- There will be approximately 4 hrs of pre-course work, which will be available after you attend one of the required tech check days. The pre-work MUST be completed by Tuesday, September 21st at 0800 EST.
- Tuesday, September 21st at 0800, you must log into the course for a morning briefing, after which you will have access to the day’s asynchronous material.
- Wednesday, September 22nd at 0800, you must log into the course for a review of the previous day’s material, after which you will have access to the asynchronous material for the day.
- Thursday, September 23rd at 0800, you must log into the course for a review of the previous day’s material, after which you will have access to the asynchronous material for the day.
- Friday, September 24th at 0800, there will be a morning review followed by a panel discussion with unit instructors, during which time you will be able to ask any specific questions you may have. Following the panel discussion, you will have access to the final exam.
NOTE: If you cannot commit to the above requirements, please do not register. If you fail to fulfill your obligations at any time, you will be removed from the course.
If you can commit to the necessary requirements, proceed to the registration at the following link to register:
Registration closes September 6, 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact Fred X. Turck.